L1 Functional Skills for Intermediate Level Apprenticeships

Home Forums Data issues L1 Functional Skills for Intermediate Level Apprenticeships

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  janetkerr 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Agata Maciejewska
    Participant

Good morning,

We have a number of Intermediate Apprenticeship learners who are undertaking English and/or maths at L1 and the ESFA has requested that we provide them with evidence that we have conducted an initial assessment for these learners. It may seem like an obvious answer but we need to be sure: will initial assessment copy with the result of Entry 3 or below alongside the Personal Learning Record showing no GCSE’s or Functional Skills achieved be enough evidence that the learner needed to study at lower level before being able to achieve L2?

Thank you,
    Agata

GaynorLF
    Participant

Hi Agata

Those are the documents I would provide too along with any learner self declarations.

janetkerr
    Participant

Hi Agata
    I have emailed the service desk for clarification.
    I have also asked them how we are meant to submit this personal data to them as email is not secure.

Agata Maciejewska
    Participant

Thank you!

GaynorLF
    Participant

Hi Janet

There is a document called ESFA business operations: help and support on gov.uk that clarifies sending data via email has to be encrypted, with the password being communcited to them in a different method.

Hope this helps

janetkerr
    Participant

Thanks Gaynor

SamAtkinson
    Participant

Good morning,

We’ve received a similar request – and I was planning on asking them the same thing as Janet, so thanks for the clarification. It’s not exactly a small task though, considering this is something we have to show proof of almost every time we are audited.

Kind regards,
    Sam

janetkerr
    Participant

I received this reply from the service desk.

Whatever evidence you naturally produce to demonstrate that the learner meets the eligibility criteria of being funded for level 1 English or maths which should be an assessment showing the learner is currently working below that level.
    We are happy to receive a sample of up to 50 learners.
    This can be in a an encrypted zip file and we can contact the provider for password upon receipt.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.