L3 EYE Apprenticeship – ProgType_12 FIS Error

Home Forums Data issues L3 EYE Apprenticeship – ProgType_12 FIS Error

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Bowler 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Richard Phipps
    Participant

Hi all,

We have some new apprentices (starting on 27/04/2017) on this programme and are doing Functional Skills Maths instead of GCSE maths, as per the u-turn detailed here:

http://feweek.co.uk/2017/03/03/early-years-educator-apprenticeship-requirement-u-turn-confirmed

However when I run our ILR through the FIS I get a ProgType_12 error against the Functional SKills Maths qualification:
    “If the learner is studying English and maths and is part of an Early Years Educator advanced apprenticeship programme that started on or after 1 September 2014, then the learning aim must be a GCSE or international GCSE”

Looking at the Validation warning errors spreadsheet (v5 from the website) at the logic it doesn’t look like there is any check for a date to stop this happening for new learners (or anyone studying from September 2016).

Has anyone else had this happen too?

Thanks,
    Richard

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Yes I’m still having these show up in the Rule Violation report for our learners, fortunately as ‘warnings’ and not ‘errors’ but I was hoping there would be an update by now to sort them out 🙁

Steve

Richard Phipps
    Participant

That’s interesting that you are seeing them as warnings and I am getting an error. I’ve just emailed the Service Desk to see if they can look into this.

Will post on here what they say..

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Hi Richard,

Just double-checked incase I’d got it wrong, below is a copy of one of the rows from the Rule Violation report:

Error\Warning – W
    Rule Name – ProgType_12
    Field Values – ProgType=’2′
    Error Message – This learning aim is not valid for the Framework
    Aim Reference Number – 5010987X

Steve

Richard Phipps
    Participant

If you go into the learning aim you posted it’s not listed as being part of any framework. Yet if you go into the framework itself then it clearly lists Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT under the Common Components section:

https://hub.fasst.org.uk/Learning%20Aims/Search-results/Details/Pages/Framework-Detail.aspx?FWORKCODE=445&PWAYCODE=1&PROGTYPE=2

Mark
    Participant

This is something that fis would show as an error up until an update a couple of months ago when it became a warning.
    I assume it has been left as a warning so the SFA can see how many EYE starts there have been since the rules changed

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Just had this reply from the ESFA in case anyone else is in the same boat:

“Hi – Yes, this is a known issue and a fix will be deployed for R10 “

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Thanks for the update Richard, I hadn’t heard back yet so that’s good to know 🙂

Steve

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Oh no, this has appeared again for 2 learners. R01 deadline in two days!

Anyone else getting this error?

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Hi Richard,

Yes I am receiving this message for all of our EYE learners that have carried over into 17/18. They are ‘warnings’ and not ‘errors’ so we should still get paid for them, I contacted the Data Service on 24.08.17 about this but still yet to receive a satisfactory answer, I’m assuming it’s just that LARS needs updating…

Steve

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Thank you Steve! That’s reassuring.

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Hi Richard,

Just had this response from the Data Service:

“The change to this rule in 16/17 is released in live in 17/18 in R02. In the meantime, this has been set to a warning to allow data to be returned.”

So I think that mean they’ll fix it before R02 upload so hopefully these Rule Violations will clear during September…

Steve

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.