Learner Employment Status for Adult Safeguarded Learners

Home Forums Data issues Learner Employment Status for Adult Safeguarded Learners

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

Hi

Can anyone confirm if we should be collecting the employment status for ASL learners? I was under the impression we only needed to do this for accredited learner responsive learners. However, the LIS is telling me I should be entering for all learners. The problem here is a large proportion of our ASL learners (mainly on community learning programmes) do not enter this information. I would also appreciate it if an SFA or Data service colleague out there can point me in the right direction on guidance for entry of this information (why and what for). The ILR guidance is limited in the reasons. I may have missed this in a Guidance Note!

Regards

Anonymous

Hi Chris, if the learner has only ASL funded learning aims, then there is no requirement to return the Learner employment status. If the learner does have any other Skills Funding Agency funded provision, then an Employment status would need to be returned. This is defined in the ILR Specification 2012/13.

Thanks
    Sharon

Anonymous

Thanks Sharon, but I have definately got ESMType_08 errors for all our ASL provision input to date.

Anonymous

This rule will only trigger if employment status data has been returned. There is no requirement to return this information for learners with only ASL provision. The rule ESMType_08 will trigger if the Employment status is recorded as ‘not in paid employment’ and there is no Length of unemployment, it will trigger if the Employment status has been returned.

Thanks
    Sharon

Anonymous

Thanks Sharon, It looks as if the reason is that our MIS has automatically created an employment status if it existed in the previous academic year. I think they were trying to be helpful but it has caused incomplete information in the ILR. Looks like we will have to manually remove the status for these. However, it would have been helpful if LIS could bypass the error for ASL if a status appears without the additional information. As the ILR spec states it is only required for LR and ER so I can’t see why there should be an error.

Anonymous

A number of the validation rules for 2012/13 were revised to validate the data if the data had been returned. It was decided that if the data was returned, it should be as specified in the ILR Specification.

Anonymous

This isn’t too helpful as we will have to either delete the status or make up the missing data to force it through validation. Either way we (and the SFA) end up with inaccurate information.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.