Learners with a degree

Home Forums Data issues Learners with a degree

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • chrislant1
    Participant

Hi All,

A Subcontractor we have has just read the funding rules 12/13 and has asked the question as to why we tell them if someone has a degree they are ineligible. I have just spent half a hour looking through the rules and cannot find where it says this. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Chris

Simon France
    Participant

We just provide classroom based ASB and CL courses and we wouldn’t prevent someone from attending if they had a degree.

We would prevent them if they were currently studying full-time at an HE institution, however. Do you think this is where the confusion lies?

lapsed_user

Hi, with regards to Apprenticeships, they are inelgible for funding if they have a prior attainment of Level 4 or above and are wanting to complete an Intermediate, Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship at Level 4. They can, however, complete a Higher Apprenticeship at Level 5. This is in paragraph 112 of the Funding Rules.
    Thanks

Sandra

chrislant1
    Participant

Hi Sandra,

I have read this however it was under the section “Second Apprenticeships at the same or lower level”. Is this applicable for non apprenticeships also?

Thanks

Chris

lapsed_user

Hi,

For non-apprenticeships (ER funded), I don’t think there are any set rules on learners having a degree or prior attainment of L4. Obviously, the important factors with this is whether the learner has prior attainment of Level 2 or Level 3+

Thanks
    Sandra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.