LEARNING AIM REFERENCE

Home Forums Data issues LEARNING AIM REFERENCE

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • mike.felton
    Participant

Hi,

I have a new sign-up which we are putting through something new to us.

I have tried to find the Learning Aim Reference in the usual way but coming up blank. It tells me the Standard Code (174) but it is not give me a Z code for a Learning Aim Reference.

Can anyone help with a Learning Aim Reference for a L3 Junior Content Producer which is being done as a Standard (174).

Regards

Mike

davej
    Participant

Mike,
    call me on 07887 415432
    Dave

steveh
    Participant

Hi Mike

quick instructions:

1. look up the standard on LARS and find the Sector Subject Area Tier 2 name
    2. go to the front page of LARS (click reset)
    3. in the level selector, untick them all except the level you want
    4. expand the Additional Filters part of the screen
    5. in the Category box select Class Code Category E, click search
    6. this will bring back 50 records and you just need to find the one that matches the SSA Tier 2 from point 1

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I think someone needs to sticky a thread of instructions on how to find these 🙂

steveh
    Participant

I did ask if they’d put them on the “related aims” bit of the standards (which is the obvious place for it), but they didn’t seem to get that people are finding them hard to find…

mike.felton
    Participant

Steve,

After a bit a trial and error I have landed the fish and got the Aim Reference I need.
    You are right it is hard work to find them and you would think that someone would put together an idiots guide to help us out.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

There’s some sort of instruction in Appendix H, but it’s not very clear. Also, I have a slightly different method from Steve, because I’m too lazy to use the Additional Filters! You can do it without;

Sector Subject Area Tier 2 name in the main search bar
    Tick the correct level
    Tick 16-19 EFA
    Awarding Org = NONE

mike.felton
    Participant

Hi,

I am still struggling with finding Learning Aim References. I have a couple of Customer Service Standards to get on and have found the Standard Code 122 but have not found the Learning Aim Reference.

I have gone in and followed the advice above and found Z0001875 which is Non regulated provision, Level 2, Administration is this correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Yes, that’s correct 🙂

Customer Service Practitioner is 122. In the LARS the Sector Subject Area Tier 2 is Administration. When I enter that into the search bar, tick 16-19 EFA, tick level 2, and enter NONE in the Awarding Org, I get the same aim.

If you chose to do a regulated aim instead, you can do that, but it wouldn’t be an allowable cost. You could throw it in as a freebie or charge extra directly from the employer. We do this a lot, as people want “real” qualifications. If you do that, you don’t also need a non-regulated aim.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.