Learning Aim References for Standards

Home Forums Data issues Learning Aim References for Standards

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Dolly the Sheep
    Participant

Hi All

I’m in desperate need for help in finding the correct Learning Aim Ref for Hospitality Team Member Standard code 96 & Hospitality Supervisor Standard code 138….. I know there are none attached & have seen the posts regarding using generic codes looking at Category E Appendix H, as it states in the ILR guide…… but have no idea what I’m looking for, or at, when I go into the learning aims tab on the hub…. I’m going round in circles & not getting anywhere…… any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance 🙂

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The aims you require are from Class Code Category E: Non Regulated Provision (not Community Learning or SFA Formula Funded)

To find these component aims in LARS for Standards select:
    Type of Learning: Qualification
    Teaching year: 2016/2017
    Level: select the level you require
    Under Additional Filters
    Select Category: Class Code Category E: None Regulated Provision
    Select Subject Area Tier 2: in this case Hospitality and Catering

This will return the aims you require
    Z0001851 Non regulated provision, Level 2, Hospitality and Catering
    Z0001901 Non regulated provision, Level 3, Hospitality and Catering

HTH

Dolly the Sheep
    Participant

Morning Martyn

Thank you soo much for this….. I’ve just followed the steps you laid out above & hey presto there they are….. easy when you know how!! 🙂
    Thanks again for your help it was very much appreciated

ElizabethFranczek
    Participant

Hi Martyn
    I am nearly having an seizure here! So, following your guidance I have given my learning aims the code and am now looking for appendix H but it not on the gov website (!) because have got a lot more errors. Wanted to check that we choose ‘funding undefined 01’ in Full or Co Funded Contract? Thank you

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth,
    FFI is not returned for FM 36 as it only applies to FM 35 and 81
    HTH

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Martin West.

Dolly the Sheep
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth…. sorry for jumping in here, but I can actually answer a question 🙂 LOL
    I followed Martyn’s steps above & found the non reg learning aims I required, as I too was finding it difficult to understand the guide.
    Also, In my contract under full/Co funded I put (0) Contract funding undefined & all gone through upload ok…..
    Hope this helps

ElizabethFranczek
    Participant

Thank you Martyn and Dolly the Sheep – I will crack on!

SophieHirstNBC
    Participant

Hi Martyn

I’m wondering if you can help, I am trying to find the non-regulated aim for the Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.

I have followed your instructions above, changing the Sector Subject Area Tier 2 to Business Administration and Law. Unfortunately my search returns no results.

Are you able to shed any light on this for me?

Thank you
    Sophie

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sophie,
    The tier 2 is Administration and this returns Z0001875

mike.felton
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I am also pulling my hair out with the Learning Aim References.

I am looking for a Sports Turf Operative L2 (Standard) but not having any joy. I thought maybe under Horticulture ?

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hello,

I didn’t realise the tier 2 sector codes matched the non-regulated aims! Very useful, thanks Martin 🙂

If you know the Tier 2 Sector name for that Standard (right at the top on each Standard in LARS), you can just use the title in the LARS search. You can search by;

Tier 2 sector name in the main search bar
    Tick a Level
    Tick 16-19 EFA
    Awarding Org = NONE

It’s just another method to come up with the same thing, which I find slightly quicker.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Mike,

Search for that Standard in LARS. Click on it. In the top section it will give you the Sector Subject Area Tier 2. That’s the one to go with. In your case, Horticulture and Forestry.

I only found out today from Martin’s instructions that you pick your non-regulated aim based on that sector.

mike.felton
    Participant

I have tried this but just keep coming up with the Standard Codes but still not found the Learning Aim Reference.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    Z0001837

mike.felton
    Participant

Martin,

Thanks for that.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Try searching with criteria like this.

When you hit search, you should see this.

Is that not working when you try it?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Ruth CJ.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.