Learning Aims for Standards

Home Forums Data issues Learning Aims for Standards

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ShereeneClarke 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
  • Cheryl Shepherd
    Participant

I know this topic keeps coming up and I have tried to follow what has previously been commented. However I am still unable to work out what learning aim to use for Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor standard. I would really appreciate some help.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Cheryl,
    In LARs you need to select L3 only then go to the + Additional Filters at the bottom the page and then select category: Class Code Category E from the list, then in the Sector Subject Area Tier 2 select Business Management.

Try it and it should return:
    Z0001926 – Non regulated provision, Level 3, Business Management

HTH

Cheryl Shepherd
    Participant

Hi Martin, that is what I did following your helpful post in other people’s questions. However it came back with an error ‘Not valid for a programme aim’. Do I need to change the programme aim which I have as 1?

Thank you,
    Cheryl

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The Programme aim (Aim Type 1)is always ZPROG001 and you use Z0001926 as a component aim (Aim Type 3)
    HTH

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    as always thanks for your great guidance above, I am trying to follow the above and selecting Cat E but nothing is coming up (probably me)

I am trying to find the learning aim and component aim for Level 3 management standard and level 5.
    I am hoping that you can support

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Lisa,
    If that is Operations / Departmental Manager L5 code 104 And Team Leader / Supervisor L3 code 105.
    You look up the Tier 2 description which from LARS is ‘Business Management’ for both
    In LARS you select the levels (3 and 5 only) and in the +Additional filters
    Select Class Code Category E: and the Tier 2 as Business Management
    This will return Z0001926 for L3 and Z0002026 for L5
    HTH

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Hi Martine thanks that’s amazing.. wish I had half of your knowledge can I just check should the source of funding still be 105 – Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) – Adult

Martin West
    Participant

Yes 105

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Hi Martin, sorry to ask question again on this.. can I just check on the Component aim for level 3 & level 5 management
    we have 60101052 & 60111951 as the aim reference number.. im not 100% sure where these came from and I want to check

thanks in advance

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

Are you delivering Standards or Frameworks? There are several management Standards, which ones are you doing? The second aim is the component used in the L5 Management Framework.

Some Standards have mandatory qualifications, that are regulated aims. Some don’t. Where there is no mandatory aim, you might chose to run a regulated aim as part of the package you’re selling to the employer. The training for that can be part of the cost calculation, but the registration and exam costs for non-mandatory quals are ineligible. If there is no mandatory qual, and you decide not to include and optional regulated qual, that’s when you use the non-regulated “Z00 codes”. You don’t need a Z00 code if there’s another qual already.

So, those two aims might be mandatory quals withing the Standard, or they might just be the ones your delivery team decided to do as optional quals. You’d have to ask whoever plans your apprenticeships I guess.

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Hi Ruth

many thanks for getting back to me we are delivering the standards with no mandatory element
    therefore we are using Z0001926 for L3 and Z0002026 for L5 for the main aim

We have to have one component aim and this Is where I am getting a little confused (for those that don’t require maths and English)
    so do I am the ZPRGOG twice
    hope that makes sense

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

You’d never have two ZPROGs for one student at the same time. The ZPROG is the Standard or Framework itself.

Yes, you have to have one component aim. If a student isn’t doing a mandatory qual, isn’t doing an optional and isn’t doing any English or maths, that’s when you have to use a non-regulated Z00 code. There’s not really much point in it really, it just there as an admin space filler. I can only assume it’s because so many of their rules rely on there being at least one component aim, so we basically have include a dummy one, which is where the Z00 codes come in.

Where did you get those two aims from in your previous post? If that’s what your delivery team are telling you, then I can only guess they’re chosen to do a non-mandatory component. If that’s the case, you don’t need to zoo codes as well.

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Hi Ruth

I have just taken over the compliance and ILR in a new organization and I am just checking the data they are using….
    How do I get a list of the Non regulated learning aim from… I am on the HUB now and can find both the ZPROGS I need
    so basically we are delivering level 3 Team leader standard and we are using Z0001926
    at the moment they have the component aim as 60101052 Diploma in First Line Management which I know is not correct

thanks for your help its really appreciated

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

The point I’m making is that could be correct. You need to ask the delivery team if they really are teaching 60101052. It’s not wrong if they are, it’s completely legitimate. If they aren’t, then you’d go with the Z00 code you’ve specified instead. If they are delivering 60101052, you don’t need a Z00 code as well.

When you say “I am on the HUB now and can find both the ZPROGS I need”, do you mean the Standards? There is only one ZPROG. It’s simply the learning aim you record against the main learning entity record for Standard or Framework you are delivering. You must always have one learning entity with the learning aim ZPROG001, that’s your programme aim. You must also then have at least one other learning entity with a regulated or non-regulated learning aim, those are your components.

There isn’t strictly a list of all the non-regulated codes. You just go and find them as and when you need them. Martin has explained above, but my preferred method is;

You must know the Sector Subject Area Tier 2 name for that Standard (right at the top on each Standard in LARS), you can just use the title in the LARS search. You can search by;

Tier 2 sector name in the main search bar
    Tick the Level you want
    Tick 16-19 EFA
    Awarding Org = NONE

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Lisa,
    You have to make sure that any none mandatory qualifications are not included.

The following are ineligible costs that cannot be included in the negotiated price and funded from the levy or the ESFA.

P97.7 Any training, optional modules, educational trips or trips to professional events in excess of those required to achieve the apprenticeship framework or meet the knowledge, skills and behaviours of the apprenticeship standard. This includes training solely and specifically required for a licence to practise.
    P97.8 Any fees to third parties associated with a licence to practise. This includes registration, examination and certification costs. This applies even where a licence to practise is specified in the apprenticeship standard and assessment plan.
    P97.9 Any fees to awarding bodies for non-mandatory qualifications (qualifications that are not specifically listed in the standard). This includes registration, examination and certification costs.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I assume you mean “not included in the negotiated price” and not “not included in the ILR”. Obviously everything we deliver is included in the ILR.

P88. For training providers and the delivery of training and on-programme assessment, eligible costs include the following:
    1. off-the-job training through a provider, or evidenced costs for employer provider delivery. This could include some or all of the training aspects of a licence to practise or non-mandatory qualification. In both cases there must be a clear overlap between this training and the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed for the apprenticeship standard

As long as there is clear overlap, it’s an eligible cost. Only those intimately antiquated with the content of both the non-mandatory qual and the Standard could determine that. You’re right to point it out, I didn’t mention that caveat.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    I would assume that any qualification not specified in the Standard but used as delivery vehicle for the knowledge element of training would be recorded in the ILR as an unfunded aim (FM 99).
    The point I was making is the Provider may not be able to recover the registration or examination costs associated with the aim.
    HTH

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Many Thanks for both of your advice, basically I need to add a none mandatory component aim to my level 3 & level 5.
    it just wasn’t sure which learning aim reference should be there, sorry if I have caused confusion

ShereeneClarke
    Participant

Hi, i have just seen this post and have tried all the guidance you have provided for Highways skilled operative level 2 standard, but really cannot find it, please advise

Thanks
    Shereene

Martin West
    Participant

ShereeneClarke
    Participant

Oh wow, thank you very much, have searched pretty much everywhere i could think of, all done 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.