Learning Support – assessing ALS needs

Home Forums Data issues Learning Support – assessing ALS needs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • asenior
    Participant

Hi,

Can the time used to screen and assess learners with potential learning difficulties/disabilities be claimed via EAS if it exceeds the fixed monthly rate of £150?

Thanks

Andrew

Martin West
    Participant

Simple: NO

asenior
    Participant

Thank you Martin, as I suspected.

Peter Hancock
    Participant

Is there a detailed guide somewhere to describe the allowable expenses of learning support? I’d like to know exactly what can be treated as an allowable expense, and how to keep appropriate records that satisfy the requirements of the funding rules.

The funding rules 2017/18 v3 says:
    218. Learning support is available to meet the cost of putting in place a reasonable adjustment……

I find this to be very vague – open to interpretation in different ways.

asenior
    Participant

I’m not aware of any Peter, hence my original query relating to ALS.

I agree that the above is very vague and open to interpretation.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Peter,
    218 goes on to say ‘as set out in the Equality Act 2010’.
    I do not know of any recent guide but this should be covered by Policy and Procedures within your organisation that meets the requirements of the Equality Act, this should cover such responsibilities that apply to your own staff and learners.
    Reasonable adjustment is the wording the Act uses but an indication as to what can be included can be gained from the ELC form:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/exceptional-learning-support-cost-form
    HTH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.