Learnings aims for Standards

Home Forums Data issues Learnings aims for Standards

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Locock 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Martin Locock
    Participant

I am adding a Degree Apprenticeship standard onto the Provider Portal and I’m not sure what to use as the Learning Aims: the Learning Aims reference popup doesn’t recognise the standard code (eg ST999) and there doesn’t appear to be anywhere else on the form to add the Standard Code. There is a reference in the Learning Aims Search Guidance to the fact that ‘learning aims references for standards aren’t currently populated’ but it isn’t clear what should be done in the meantime.

Martin West
    Participant

ST999 is not a standard code what Degree Apprenticeship are you delivering?

Martin Locock
    Participant

that was just an example of the format: ST0304 Police Constable degree is what I’m after, although this seems to be listed as ST256 on the LARS site.

steveh
    Participant

Hi Martin(s)

best place to look for the LARS code is the funding bands spreadsheet here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeship-funding-bands

where, yes, it says 256, not sure where you’ve got 0304 from? LARS (or the ILR) doesn’t use the ST prefix as far as I’m aware.

If it’s a new Degree App, the relevant HE provider will need to apply to create a new Learning Aim for the degree (the only two i can see on LARS at the moment are London Met (makes sense!) and University of Cumbria). According to HEFCE here:

http://www.hefce.ac.uk/data/indstudata/help/newlara/

this involves asking the Service Desk for a form. Do not expect this to be a quick process…

Martin West
    Participant

If you are not delivering the actual degree then use Z0002032 as a component aim, I believe those who complete the Apprenticeship are awarded the degree by the College of Policing but you should check this.

HTH

Martin Locock
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.