Level 2 requirement for standards

Home Forums Data issues Level 2 requirement for standards

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  darrenvidler 4 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • darrenvidler
    Participant

Hi,

Just had the following from the ESFA re the requirement for functional skills or GCSE in English & Maths for apprenticeship standards:

You will be able to use any suitable level 2 english / maths functional skills however SASE will not be exempt.

So we’re saying that the only exemption for level 2 is now a functional skill or GCSE? Surely that’s penalising those with A levels, O levels, etc which, under SASE, would have been an exemption?

Darren

Wendy
    Participant

Interesting, we haven’t as yet, delivered any standards so I am not sure of the process of claiming the apprenticeship certificate, will this still be done via ACE? I notice on the ACE website that everything still seems to refer to frameworks rather than standards.

We will deliver standards to our H&SC learners from next month so I am watching this thread with interest, thanks for posting Darren

Cris Hale
    Participant

That’s a very good point – I hadn’t even considered that the usual transferable skills might not apply. So how do we know GCSEs will be acceptable – is it just because they’re fundable?

Cris

darrenvidler
    Participant

Interestingly i’ve not been able to get a definitive answer out of the ESFA helpdesk other than the above – they haven’t been willing to commit to what are “suitable” level 2 qualifications.

Darren

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.