Maths and English Funding for Levy Employers

Home Forums Data issues Maths and English Funding for Levy Employers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • caroledarlington
    Participant

Hi

Can anyone provide me with some guidance regarding the Funding for Maths and English for Levy paying employers. I am aware that the digital accounts funds the learners apprenticeship, however, the SFA fund the Maths and English functional Skills directly. Which Contract Allocation will this come from?.

Any help appreciated.

steveh
    Participant

Hi Carole

It doesn’t really come from an allocation as such, it comes from a (seemingly unlimited?) pot the ESFA have kept to one side. This is also where funding for Apps at Levy-payers who have run out of Levy comes from, when they move to 90/10 model.

It DEFINITELY doesn’t come from your SME/non-levy allocation, let’s put it that way.

It’s also fair to say that there has been quite a bit of confusion about this! I only got my head around it a couple of weeks ago.

Kye
    Participant

Hi Steve

I had heard this at a conference recently and have been trying to find this in writing from the ESFA. Would you know where this could be found?

Thanks.

gw30
    Participant

I also heard at a conference recently that incentive payments and E & M funding comes from the ESFA and has nothing to do with our allocation but for non-levy apprentices, the incentive payments and E & M funding comes out of our non-levy allocation which seems ridiculous??

caroledarlington
    Participant

Thank-you all, you have confirmed my thoughts!

steveh
    Participant

Hi Kye

Yeah, I’ve just been through all of the obvious documentation and can’t find it either! Given Mr Linford’s extreme certainty about it and little chance of an ESFA response until after the election, I’m happy with that as my evidence base…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.