Maytas and Standards

Home Forums Data issues Maytas and Standards

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • trainingprovider
    Participant

Hi Maytas Users

Anyone successfully uploaded an Apprenticeship on a Standard?
    Maytas keeps insisting on aim references but I thought the standards did not have any.
    It is all very frustrating!

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The aim ref for the Programme aim is always ZPROG001 as Aim Type 1, any Maths and English aims must be recorded with the aim ref for the qualification as Aim Type 3 and the record must contain at least one Aim Type 3 aim but where no Maths or English is included in the programme a none regulated aim should be used to represent the training element for the programme.
    Check the ILR support guidance for help on this.

amilton
    Participant

I am having the same problems with maytas, with it requesting a learning aim reference the ILR validation spreadsheet is also not helping in not providing any help

trainingprovider
    Participant

Thanks Martin as always, I am getting somewhere!

amilton, if you want to drop me a note we can have a discussion offline if you like
    levyworld17@gmail.com

annehopkins
    Participant

Hi

I have uploaded successfully standards since may we are delivering dual fuel standards it does have a learning aim but just check you have got the correct funding code ie code 36 for funding model and code 25 for programme type, you might already have done this
    Regards

Emily Gandy
    Participant

Hi Guys,

We are also recording standards on Maytas, but I am missing something but cant see what. They are not pulling through on the hub reports. Would anybody be able to help me at all? It would be realy appreciated.

Thanks,

Emily

amilton
    Participant

Hi Emily Gandy

I have just uploaded my 1st lot of standards to the Hub yesterday

The part in Maytas where you had to record the “framework” number you have to find the “Z” code for apprenticeships if the learner is exempt from functional skills other wise the code for your functional skills will pull the data through to the Hub

Also on the contract part take the applied to date out of this and this will clear down the error it brings up also with regards to EPA the ESFA help desk advised me to take this out completely as there is an error within the Hub that they are trying to clear

Post code error is also a problem withing the hub so another one not to worry about

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/624339/Appendix_H_ILR_2017_to_2018_v1_Published_July17.pdf

Hope this helps

Emily Gandy
    Participant

Hi Amilton,

Do you mean record the Learning Aim Reference as “ZPROG001” and then record the functional skills in the compnant aims as normal reguardless of what standard it is as we show that by recording the EPA organisation and Apprenticeship standard code?

I have taken the “applies to date” out of the ACT section on Maytas so Thats all ok now and we have also received confirmation about the post code errors as we was getting a lot of those and they have now downgraded this to a warning.

Thank you for helping me,

Emily

amilton
    Participant

Hi Emily

in the learning aim reference if you use Z0001729 for learners who are exempt for functional skills and for the learners who need to take functional skills put the learning aim reference code this should then pull your data through to the hub

Alison

Emily Gandy
    Participant

Hi Alison,

Thats great I will try that, thank you.

Sorry about 20 questions, if they have more than 1 functional to complete do we just record one as the Learning Aim in Main componant and the rest in the componant aims at the bottom? If that makes sence? Sorry I am quite new to this.

Thanks,

Emily

amilton
    Participant

Hi Eily

Sorry have been on training

Yes if you add the additional functional skills in the component aims

You will also need to add a contract type again for English and Maths without the applies to date

Alison

Emily Gandy
    Participant

Hi Alison,

Would you mind dropping me and email at egandy@lagat.co.uk if you are free for ten mins?

Thanks,

Emily

mike.felton
    Participant

Hi Alison,

The learning aim reference you quote Z0001729 would that be okay for any Standard where there is no actual learning aim reference?

amilton
    Participant

Hi Mike

I later found that if you go on the LARS scroll to the bottom and click on the + sign next to additional filters in the box that says catergory click on Class Code catergory E and click search this will come up with Z codes and you will need to look for z code that relates to your standard for example we are starting the Light vehicle standard which comes under engineering

Any questions give me a call on 01902 308090

Thanks

Alison

mike.felton
    Participant

Alison,

Thanks for the guide. Being quite new to all this we are about to start doing the Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (do you know if this too comes under Engineering?).
    We are an Employer/Provider but the apprentices for these courses will undertake their training at a college do you know if these will be classed as funded or non funded? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    The Sector Subject Area Tier 2 is 4.30 – Transportation Operations and Maintenance you can find this from LARS.

If you are an Employer Provider and are sub-contracting qualification training to a college and the qualification is a mandatory part of the standard then you would include this in the training costs for funding.

HTH

mike.felton
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thanks for this advice.

If the college is drawing down funding from our AS (Levy) Account do we show the learners as funded on our ILR submission then as this doesn’t make sense – or do we need to show them as funded to allow the college to get the funds?

Life isn’t easy with the Levy is it.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    If you are an Employer Provider then you will include your learners in the ILR, any delivery that you sub-contract to a college would have to be funded by you and the learners would be included in the college ILR as full cost (unfunded).
    You would include the evidenced costs for your delivery as an employer provider plus the costs for training delivery from the college for non-mandatory training in your overall Training costs to be drawn down from the Levy.

It is worth noting that as the standard does not contain any mandatory qualifications you cannot include costs for Registration and examination (including certification) costs associated with the delivery at the college.
    HTH

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.