Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express (64 Bit) prerequisite not correctly installed

Home Forums Data issues Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express (64 Bit) prerequisite not correctly installed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mayomarriott 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • mayomarriott
    Participant

I have tried twice a clean FIS install with no prior Beta installed.

The prerequisite stage ends with the message

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express (64 Bit) mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed.

In all other respects it proceeded as described in “Funding Information System (FIS) Installation Guidance”.

Where do I go from here?

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Have you tried ringing the Data Service Service Desk? They are supposed to know how to get FIS installed.

A different idea – how about downloading SQL Server 2012 Express from Microsoft’s website – that way you may get it installed OK, or you may get a more helpful error report.

HTH,
    Caspar

chrishick
    Participant

@mayomarriott are you installing using a Windows administrator account, or are you selecting ‘Run as Administrator’ from a normal account?

If you’re using the ‘run as admin’ approach, one of the FAQ documents warned that things might not install properly

steveh
    Participant

Caspar, I’m starting to think that “HTH” means “Happy to heckle” 😉

@mayomarriott you’ve checked your PC matches the other minimum specs?

mayomarriott
    Participant

Many thanks guys.

chrishick: yes, I was using the administrator account

steveh: yes, my PC is more than adequate

Caspar: You set me on the right path in that you pointed out that this is a SQL server message in a dialog box with a FIS prerequisite title. I had SQL Server 2008 installed on my PC which I had never used and may not have downloaded correctly. Once I uninstalled this, everything worked as it should.

Many thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.