MSTUFEE for apprentices

Home Forums Data issues MSTUFEE for apprentices

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Ruth CJ
    Participant

What MSTUFEE are you using for higher/degree apprentices?

I checked the ILR Spec and it says HE data is collected for;

For contract funded provision (private training providers and all apprenticeships started from 1 May 2017):
    d. Learning aims that are identified as prescribed HE in the LARS database (using the EnglPrscID field)

But then it also says;

For learners with apprenticeship learning aims that are not prescribed HE Community Learning and ESF funded learning aims, HE data is not returned.

Is that second bit just missing a comma after “prescribed HE”? At the moment, it says that we don’t need HE data for anything that’s not “prescribed HE Community learning”, which I think is a mistake.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    It just a missing comma.

If it is an Apprenticeship with a prescribed HE aim it will require the HE record against that aim.
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I figured that was the case 🙂 Proof reading fail.

Any thoughts on which MSTUFEE to use? I’m thinking maybe 30 – DfE.

Martin West
    Participant

Always use 99 Not known, as there is no code to reflect the levy.
    Does not cause any issues.

Kirsty Scott
    Participant

Hi Ruth
    If it helps, as a HE institution, when we report our degree apprentices to HESA we were told, by HESA, to report the MSTUFEE as 34 – Other HM Government departments/public bodies.
    Thanks, Kirsty.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Thanks Kirsty, that’s useful 🙂

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    Kirsty is correct for HE institution that receive a teaching grant and funding from HESA.
    For none HE institution I do not think it applies, never had an issue with 99,98 but who knows.
    HTH

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.