NVQ Achievement

Home Forums Data issues NVQ Achievement

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  estevens 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • estevens
    Participant

Hi All,

I have been asked the following this morning but i’m not sure of the answer, please can you assist?
    If a learner has already completed the NVQ (competence) side of the framework, would there be partial funding available to complete the knowledge side and other elements that accompany this? Would it class as prior learning therefore adjusting costs and timings appropriately?

I believe this would not be the case but would like some opinions on this please.

Many thanks
    Emma

steveh
    Participant

Yes you can fund it BUT the learner still has to be on programme for 366 days AND still has to do 20% off the job with an appropriately reduced negotiated price to reflect what you’re delivering.

So the question becomes whether it makes sense for this person to be an Apprentice, or might they be better doing the knowledge qual as classroom learning (assuming it’s fundable for classroom learning)?

estevens
    Participant

Thanks for your response steveh. I don’t believe this element would be fundable for classroom learning. How do i find this out?
    Many thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    It has always been a requirement for Frameworks that the NVQ must be undertaken within the Apprenticeship even if the learner has prior attainment, they would need to repeat the NVQ within the context of the Apprenticeship although you would need to reduce the price to account for the teaching that is not required.
    HTH

estevens
    Participant

Hi Martin,

thank you for this, most helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.