Prior Attainment non- levy

Home Forums Data issues Prior Attainment non- levy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cris Hale 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • sarahpotts
    Participant

Hi, Can anyone advise how to calculate the prior attainment and funding remaining if a learner already has functional skills qualifications for an apprenticeship. Also do I add these aims to MIS system and then complete them but not claim funding for them, if so what dates should I use.

Been using the document “Guidance for returning apprenticeships on the ILR from 1st May”

Read that the funding adjustment for prior learning field must be used for English and Maths but I am not exactly sure how to record and evidence calculations correctly.

Any help much appreciated.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

From May 1st, all English and maths are funded outside of what you are negotiating as the apprenticeship price. If they don’t need English and maths at all, you just won’t enrol them, and therefore won’t earn the money for the English and maths.

If the student has partly studied the qualification before (which is what I think the rules you mention are referring to), and you’re enrolling them to complete the qual, then I assume the usual AEB system of reducing funding applies. You just enter a percentage of funding remaining in the PriorLearnFundAdj field.

Cris Hale
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

I agree with Ruth – sounds like you don’t need to record the aims at all.

If you do need to use a funding adjustment though, I created an Excel calculator to work out the value that should be entered in the ILR field, which I could send across.

Regards,

Cris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.