Programme Weighting Values

Home Forums Data issues Programme Weighting Values

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

Can anyone point me in the correct location for the 12/13 programme weighting values for A to L in LARA?

I am trying to work out the full-funding value for a qualification (adult learner) – our Provider Factor = 1.0804, SLN for qual = 0.267 and SLN Rate =2615. When I multiply these together it does not equal the amount shown in the LIS. I’m thinking I’m missing the correct programme weighting value? LARA states B which I thought was 1.12 but applying this to the calculation still does not give me the correct value.

MartinOutlaw
    Participant

Chris

All the programme weightings are in the LARA Table “FUNDING_PROG_WGTS”. However, If ALR is anything like 16-18LR then the funding is based on the provider factor not the programme weighting. The programme weightings will be combined with all the other factors to arrive at a Provider Factor for future years.

Regards

Martin

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    PF*SLN*Rate should work for ALR, you will need to work to at least 5 decimal places to obtain a match with the LIS calculation results.
    What is the qualification?
    Regards

Anonymous

Thanks Martin – the learner in question is co-funded. So I’m trying to replicate the LIS funding calc (I need to do this as I have designed a tool for our sub-contracted providers to work out the funding they will receive per qualification – this worked fine last year). The calculation I am using is – 1.08044 (our PF) X 2615 (SLN rate) X 0.267 (SLN value) X 1.12 (LARA Prog Wgt B) = £844 then X 0.5 (as it’s co-funded) = £422. However the LIS is showing funding of £404. Any ideas why this would be different (the qual is all delivered within the year)? As I said this when I used this last year it worked out exactly what the LIS was showing.

Anonymous

Hi Martin – I’ve worked out what the problem is. Basically instead of using the full SLN value of £2615 it is using a rate of £1404.844855 (this is in the LIS funding viewer as the ‘NCR’). I realise that the LIS will proportion the SLN value based on the fact the learner is co-funded. However, I though this should be a straight 50% of the value but it isn’t. Any ideas why? I suppose I need to find out how the NCR is calulated!

Anonymous

Sorry the qual is 50062426 Certificate in IT User Skills (ECDL Extra) (ITQ) (QCF)

lapsed_user

Just a note if your apprenticeship calculation checks are failing with the 2012/13 PFR. The Data Service have reversed the sense of the field “Fee Proportion”. Last year it was 0.5, 0.825 showing how much funding you get (for co-funded learners). Now (2012/13 it shows 0.5, 0.175 showing how much you don’t get (for co-funded learners). The 0.5 is the 50% employer contribution for most aims, the 0.175/0.825 is the 17.5% employer contribution for key skills etc.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    The National Rate is multiplied by the 50% (the fee proportion) and the resulting value divided by the Provider factor. This value is then subtracted from the national rate to give the Co-funded National Rate.
    CNF=2615 – ((2615*0.5)/ 1.08044)

MartinOutlaw
    Participant

Having experience of only ER and 16-18LR, I was not aware of that little eccentricity; However, I should have guessed the funding methodology would be different.

Anonymous

Thanks for Martin, Martin and David for your help with this. Much appreciated!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.