PropFundRemain vs PriorLearnFundAdj in 2013-14

Home Forums Data issues PropFundRemain vs PriorLearnFundAdj in 2013-14

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Caspar Verney
    Participant

I have asked the Data Service helpdesk about this since the data migration notes for 2013-14 may not be correct. They suggest that whatever is in PropFundRemain in 2012-13 should be entered into PriorLearnFundAdj in 2013-14 providing the value in PropFundRemain is not 100 (in which case PriorLearnFundAdj should be NULL).

Now the answer I have received today (Service desk ref 476660) says:

Hello Caspar,

I have sorted out the equations to convert Proportion of Funding Remaining to Funding Adjustment for Prior Learning.

Total remaining = (PropfundRemain/100 x 75/100 x total aim) + (25/100 x total aim)

Funding Adjustment for Prior learning = (Total Remaining – 20/100 x total aim) / (80/100 x total aim)

[The above should only be appropriate when PropFundRemain is less than 100]

I wonder what other will make of this?

Caspar

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Caspar,
    Look similar to what I sent Theia a few weeks ago but they never responded?

In 2012/13 the [PropFundRemain] was applied in the funding calculations to the on-programme payments only and any achievement payment was paid at the full value. This necessitated a complicated calculation for the Apprenticeship main aim % = ((((100% – APL/APA%) / 100%))-25%) / (100%-25%) but this may not have been considered in the migration specifications.

For 2013/14 the migration specifications require that [PriorLearnFundAdj] should be updated from [PropFundRemain] where it is less than 100 but the funding calculations for 2013/14 indicate that the [PriorLearnFundAdj] is to be applied to both the on-programme payments and achievement payment.

The following examples show the various aim funding combinations for an aim value of £500.

Apprenticeship component aim
    • 2012/13 a 50% [PropFundRemain] applied to the on-programme payments resulted in 50% of the total funding £250.
    • 2013/14 the same 50% [PriorLearnFundAdj] applied to the on-programme payments and achievement payment would result in 50% of the total funding £250 (£200 + £50).

Apprenticeship Main aim
    • 2012/13 a 50% [PropFundRemain] applied to the on-programme payments only resulted in 62.5% of the total funding £312.50 (£187.50 + £125).
    • 2013/14 the same 50% [PriorLearnFundAdj] applied to the on-programme payments and achievement payment would result in only 50% of the total funding £250 (£200 + £50).

It can be seen from the above that significantly less funding will be drawn down in 2013/14 where the previous [PropFundRemain] applied to a main aim.

The migration specifications could be amended to include where the aim type = 2 that [PriorLearnFundAdj] = [PropFundRemain] + (25% of [PropFundRemain]) as in the above 62.5% = (50% + 12.5%).

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Update from the Data Service today:

Hello Caspar,

I am sorry, but I may have been premature in sending that resolution to you.

I am awaiting input from the Funding team.

Martin West
    Participant

Although the proportion of funding remaining is applied to both the on-programme and achievement payments in 2013/14 I cannot identify if the transitional calculations allow for and include where this was not applied to achievement for carry over learners.
    If no adjustment is included in the transitional calculations the migration specifications are incorrect but if they do then the change I suggested is not required.
    Still working on understanding the calculation transitional factors which have complicated what was intended as simple, but if and when I do unravel this I will let you know.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Update today from the Data Service:

“It will likely take a couple of weeks for the Funding team to reply.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.