QAR provisional data

Home Forums Data issues QAR provisional data

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • simon2513
    Participant

Hi, the QAR data available today differs from my own by 1 learner, however, I can’t see an option to find out the learners in the QAR sample, does anyone know how to find this?

chris.bilton
    Participant

ULN and learner reference (columns E and F) are included in the file which should match back to your MIS system.

Chris

lharkins
    Participant

I must be going mad

Have looked at just about every page so i can try to reconcile what ESFA and My MIS say in terms of outcomes but cannot find any data files to download.

Can someone please point me to where the data behind the ‘provisional’ reports can be found?
    My thanks in advance

paultaylor
    Participant

The detail is in the Data Returns section of the hub under latest reports on the right hand side.

lharkins
    Participant

Thanks
    I keep forgetting that things are not in logical places like a real MIS 😉

lharkins
    Participant

Thanks
    I keep forgetting that things are not in logical places like a real MIS 😉

Alison_ITS
    Participant

Hi Paul

I have downloaded the latest reports from the Hub and am currently looking at the QAR Provisional-APP Report.

I can’t get the number of learners on this report to balance with the Cohort on my QAR Summary Report. I’ve tried filtering the Hybrid End Year etc but no matter what I do it doesn’t match.

How do you filter this so you can balance the numbers for ‘Overall’ QAR Success for Apprenticeships please.

paultaylor
    Participant

It may be that you need to put a filter on the ‘QAR_Status_Overall’ so that QAR Inclusions only are selected.

If you use pivot tabales and apply the following pivot table criteria to the QAS data set it should give you the figures;

Filters: QAR_Status_Overall = QAR Inclusions
    Rows: Hybrid_End_Year = 2014, 2015, 2016 (note that 2014 is 2014/15 and so on….you could re-label them)
    Values: Overall_Leaver (summarise by sum), Overall_Achiever (summarise by sum), Overall Achiever (summarise by average) (so you have overall_achiever in there twice).

I think that should do the job.

Alison_ITS
    Participant

Paul, you are a star 🙂

Thank you so much for the guidance. I use pivots all the time but for the life of me couldn’t work it out, I was forgetting to filter for inclusions only.

What is the 2016.5 Hybrid Year by the way

Regards, Alison

paultaylor
    Participant

These are learners that will have hybrid end dates in 17/18 and beyond. They have either left in 17/18 and picked up in the R04 17/18 submission (which is used to update QAR) or are continuing learners which must now impact on 17/18 or future year cohorts.

steveh
    Participant

Not exactly the snappiest name, but the “data extract guide” .pdfs on the page below have the “how to do pivots” advice in the second half of them:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sfa-qualification-achievement-rates-2016-to-2017

I have found ONE odd thing in my data. We’ve got a cohort of (trailblazer) learners on Standards and four of them withdrew within the first week. Pro-Achieve (logically, in my opinion) is calling them non-starts but they’re in the QAR data as Inclusions…

This seems unusual, to say the least? Anyone else spotted it?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    For trailblazers they do not use a qualifying period but exclude those who meet the following:

We will exclude all trailblazer pilot standards where the apprentice withdraws without a net employer contribution payment being recorded (i.e. any payments minus refunds). This is calculated for programme aims, where the Funding model is 81 and the sum of all payment records is greater than zero.

I do not know if Pro-Achieve uses the same logic.

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Has anybody had a go at filling in the QAR Data Query Form (to be sent to the Data Service)? The notes say that the ‘Data Error Category’ field should be a drop-down box, but I don’t seem to have any options to pick from 🙁

I’ve made the call and awaiting a response, just wondered if anybody else has looked at it yet and knows what should be used?

Thanks

Steve

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    This is only a filter and not a selection option.
    You put in your own criteria as per the headings
    HTH

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Hi Martin,

The notes say ‘Data error category – Select the relevant category from the drop down menu for each individual ULN’, sounds like it should give me options?

Steve

steveh
    Participant

Um, it gave me options? Standard right-hand side of cell drop down list?

Martin, thanks for that, I’d missed that subtlety for Trailblazers. It would appear Pro-Achieve did as well…

Steve Bowler
    Participant

What options did it give you Steve, or are there too many to list?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    I stand corrected as drop-down selection is available for Data Error Category, Extract file name and Confirmation ILR data is correct via a selection button on the right.
    10,2 and 3 data options

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Hmm I don’t have drop-down options for any of those fields, I’ve re-downloaded it and no change. Can’t think what the problem is, I’ll see if our IT dept has any ideas…

Steve

steveh
    Participant

Hi Steve

Missing achievement
    Incorrect exclusions (shouldn’t have been excluded)
    Incorrect inclusion (should have been excluded)
    Duplicate aims
    Hybrid end year
    Policy/business rule clarification request
    Planned breaks
    Incorrect data submitted => these refer to data redaction requests, which will be handled outside of the Service Desk process (subject to approvals)
    Transfers/mergers
    Other

If you click on “unhide” at the bottom it shows a lookup sheet with them all on!

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Thanks for that Steve, I’ve found the hidden sheet so I can take the info from there 🙂

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    If you select one of the cells under data error category and enter some text (not on the list) it should come up with a validation error and when you select Cancel the selection control is shown on the right.
    You can check any of the cells by going to the Data Tab and section data validation and it should show the settings which are List and =’look up’!$A$2:$A$11
    HTH

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.