R108 Error

Home Forums Data issues R108 Error

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Joanne Knowles 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Rachel Westran
    Participant

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck resolving the error ‘There must be a Learner Destination and Progression record present’ (R108)? I’ve added a learner destination and progression record for all the learners that are coming up with error but it is not disappearing from the Rule Violation Report.

I’ve matched the start date to their employment record start date and their end date and collection date to the end details in the ILR.

Not sure why the error is still coming up and what I can do to resolve it?

Many thanks,

Rachel

Stuart Mitchell
    Participant

Check that the start date and collection date in the destination record are both on or after the latest actual end date of the learner’s aims. If the destination start date is before the learner’s end date, R108 is triggered.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Rachel,
    Simply the start date should be the start date that relates to the DPR record
    HTH

adrianbrs
    Participant

Rachel

As fast a clear them another batch pop up! It is like putting an eel in a bucket.

I have looked up the rules again and as far as I can see we have to:

At the end of a learners first programme enter a D&P record for their first destination such as employment, apprenticeship, unemployment.

If that Destination changes then the first has to be ended and a new one entered.

And so on.

I looked at the 16/17 Support Manual Chapter 10 (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/579293/ILRProviderSupportManual_2016_17_v3_Dec2016.pdf)

Not sure if a 1/18 one is issued.

Simon

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Simon,
    See:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/648474/ILRProviderSupportManual_2017_18_v2.pdf
    Section 4.13.1 When to collect and return Destination and Progression data
    This has a table that specifies when this data has to be recorded and or updated
    HTH

Joanne Knowles
    Participant

Hi,

I’m getting the same error but for a different reason and wondering if anyone can help, I have a traineeship learner with a correct dp record that matches all dates as the learner progressed to an apprenticeship. The same learner on the apprenticeship has now gone onto an agreed break, this is where it gives me the R108 error as the dp record relating to the traineeship thinks that the dates are wrong, but you don’t need a dp record for agreed breaks, I checked the support manual for this. Any ideas?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Joanne,
    Is your DPR inline with the example in the guidance:
     A learner completes a traineeship on 1 September 2017 and progresses onto an apprenticeship with the same provider on 14 November 2017.
    In addition to the Learner and Learning Delivery records, the provider must return the following Destination and Progression record:
    o Outcome type = EDU
    o Outcome code = 2
    o Outcome start date = 14 November 2017

Joanne Knowles
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I fixed that bit and still got the same error, I emailed the support desk and was told I had to put a D&P record in for the agreed break, this has fixed the R108 but still get the R107 warning saying a D&P record must be there, when it is? There is some new validation changes coming for R05 so hopefully this will sort this out then.

Thanks for the help 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.