Reconciliation with payment advice

Home Forums Data issues Reconciliation with payment advice

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Alison 12 hours, 36 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • sophie
    Participant

I don’t feel I am being unreasonable here, but I would like to be able to reconcile:

– funding summary report per the Hub
    – remittance advice
    – monthly co-funding reconciliation reports
    so that it all agrees.

Am I the only one pulling my hair out ?

Alison
    Participant

You are not alone on this one Sophie. This has been a nightmare for the word go.
    Its is about time that the “systems” all talked to each other and tried to make our lives a bit simpler

chrisbradley
    Participant

Absolutely Sophie and now made even worse by confirmation from the period end reports that what were considered to be levy payers with very large salary bills coming through as 90% ESFA and 10% employer contribution due with now possibility of actually seeing from our end what has gone wrong. I doubt the Service Desk would have a clue either.
    Rapidly descending into (another) shambles.
    Chris

TG
    Participant

Agree Sophie. I am now almost hairless 🙁

One month, I think I have it, then look at the next, and it’s gone again. I am trying to reconcile now, and I am making little headway.

Access
    Participant

I’ve been trying to do this for months and it doesn’t work, but it’s always nice to know that it isn’t that you don’t understand, or that you’re missing something simple, but that everyone else that DOES understand (which isn’t everybody!) isn’t able to do it either.

Especially when you’ve got subcontractors, it’s really important to know which of these is ultimately correct!

Queried it a couple of weeks ago with the Service Desk, they passed me on to Accounting, and Accounting passed me back to the Service Desk. It’s almost as if they don’t know themselves…

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hello,

just an update from me. I have spent some considerable hours triangulating the apps indicative report to the period end reports, which does include some apprentice records with start dates going back into a previous period having not been processed in time for the actual start period plus some apprentices that had a DAS to ILR mis-match and not included at period 2 and now included at period 3. I also have a situation where as I mentioned yesterday three levy paying companies that for some bizarre reason have incurred the ESFA 90% co-contribution and therefore being reported and due to pay their 10% contribution which I don’t believe for a minute (I am talking about three Premier League football clubs!). One of these companies we received levy funds for periods 1 and 2 and all of a sudden at period 3 they have gone into the 90%/10% bracket!
    I can now see how it is possible to reconcile but I can assure you I have done this kind of stuff for many years and it is a nightmare and mark my words when I say this is going pear-shaped and quickly!! It is a significant task and I can’t imagine what new people to this are thinking or doing.
    Where do we turn because as “Access” says, it is unlikely even the people that should know at the ESFA actually do know and certainly not from the user perspective?
    Chris

Access
    Participant

Worth pointing out also that as per a thread on here a couple of weeks ago, they’re still taking co-investment payments for learners who are 16-18 and at a small employer, despite assurances that it would be fixed this month.

David.Swales
    Participant

We were able to reconcile August, but since then it has proved impossible. We have been over-paid significantly by the ESFA as a result (according to both the IER and final payment report). The Co-contributions report is also showing learners twice in a number of instances.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

itsme
    Participant

I am also completely lost – have never been able to reconcile and our records and the remittance never ever matches!!!

GaynorLF
    Participant

Same here! I feel I spend more time trying to reconcile then ever 🙁

It would also be great if a separate report could be produced for the employer incentives remittance, rather than having to trawl through the whole Apps Monthly Payment report to reconcile these.

steve1700
    Participant

I agree with previous comments, an absolute nightmare trying to reconcile. We managed to reconcile R01 but that’s it, nothing actually matches, according to the reports and remittance advice we have been underpaid. I did notice that learners that leave early disappear completely from subsequent reports so their funding is pulled back but you would easily miss it, unlike the old occupancy reports for pre May starts where the learner remained on the report their with funding adjusted.
    Perhaps someone somewhere within the ESFA will realise the mess caused and provide guidance on how to reconcile, if they know themselves!

David.Swales
    Participant

We gave up in the end and emailed the ESFA for guidance so waiting to here what help is available (if any).

chrisbradley
    Participant

There is no finer example of a system being developed by IT people who have no clue how the data is used in practice than this one. I have seen this so many times and the only way to successfully develop something like this is to listen to the users and not after the event but as part of the development of the specification. Furthermore there needs to be flexibility after the initial implementation to tidy up any anomalies like the numerous ones that are still emerging and as identified by the users and not the developers. There is more expertise for that element in providers than anywhere in the ESFA and subcontracted companies used but to some within the ESFA I am sure we are viewed as the necessary evil.

Alison
    Participant

Good luck David Swales. We put a request in 2 weeks ago for the same thing, as we didn’t get the 48 hour response we left it for over a week and resent the “incident”, guess what? We are still waiting for a response. So frustrated with the lack of feed back from ESFA. How long do you think it will take them to request any overpayments back – quicker than their response times I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.