Retention Rates Formula

Home Forums Data issues Retention Rates Formula

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gfrederick 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • gfrederick
    Participant

Can anybody help with the formula to work out retention rates please?

The information I have is

Count of learners that have appeared in the 17/18 batch

Count of Completers (Those either achieved or remained on programme for the full duration of the apprenticeship)

Count of leavers that did not stay on programme for the duration of the apprenticeship and did not achieve

Count of those still currently live

Thanks

KarenS
    Participant

Hi,

Are you working it out for learning aims? If yes, then it is the number of learning aims that have successfully completed divided by the number of learning aims that have ended x 100

For learners it is number of completors divided by count of leavers x 100

HTH

Karen

gfrederick
    Participant

Thanks Karen, It is currently Learner retention but I will be looking at learning aims next.

This is where I’m being thrown off. My current completers are 75 and my leavers are 52 which gives me a retention rate of 144% is this correct?

KarenS
    Participant

Have your current completers completed all of their learning aims/the whole programme or just aspects of it and are in fact still in learning?

Martin Locock
    Participant

I think the denominator should be “no. completers / (no. completers + no. leavers)” so 75 / (52+75) = 75/127 = 59%

KarenS
    Participant

Normally say you had 100 leavers and of those 80 completed their programme, this would give you a retention rate of 80%

gfrederick
    Participant

The 75 completers are those that have achieved the full framework (all learning aims) or have surpassed their planned end date then left without achievement

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.