Retrospective change in funding for the Diploma in Veterinary Nursing

Home Forums Data issues Retrospective change in funding for the Diploma in Veterinary Nursing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Martin West
    Participant

5009872X Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (QCF)
    This qualification previously had a Regulated Credit Value of 230 and funding value of 3.617.
    At this time all Apprenticeship learners had the proportion of funding set to 71% in order to reflect that only 180 of the 230 credit value was being undertaken.
    During 2011/12 sometime after November 2011 this was changed in the LAD and LARA to a Regulated Credit Value of 180 but with the same level of funding.
    As LAD data amendments were not notified after 2010/11 and no such facility exists for LARA then this change and the loss of funding was only identified by chance when reviewing qualifications to be delivered this year.
    Could the Data Service or Theia confirm that this change is correct and that no reduction in funding is necessary in 2011/12 and 2012/13 for leaner’s who undertake the full 180 credit value?

SFA STAFF

Greta Smalley
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I’ve had a chat with my colleagues about your query. They recommend that you contact the Service Desk (call 0870 2670001 or email servicedesk@thedataservice.org.uk) as this question raises a funding issue and probably requires some input from the Skills Funding Agency.

Cheers
    Greta

Martin West
    Participant

For Info:
    This is the reply I received from the Service Desk:

‘The rate would not have been changed by accident – so you can change your proportion of funding to 100% to claim the full 180GLH’.

The above advice is satisfactory for a Provider from an Audit perspective but it is evident from the reply that the reason for the change is not known or investigation was inconclusive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.