Rule Violation Report

Home Forums Data issues Rule Violation Report

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Rachel Westran
    Participant

Hi all,

We don’t have FIS so I have been uploading R04 return onto the hub and using the Rule Violation Report to identify errors.

I did this last week and it only came out with one error. I have amended a couple of dates in the ILR so I did another upload and it’s come up with more errors on records that I haven’t touched more months saying ‘There must be a Learner Destination and Progression record present’ – this error was not there last week!

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks,

Rachel

adrianbrs
    Participant

Rachel

Me too at both providers I work at. Not sure why they didn’t come up last week but I am finding it is a case of going in to each learner record and checking that there is either an open record showing what they are doing (employment, education, etc) and if they are a finisher ending the one tied to their apprenticeship/programme and then starting a new one to show their new status (employed, unemployed, voluntary work etc.)

I think (hope) that will work……

steveh
    Participant

Hi Rachel

Yes, this is a thing. You have a certain amount of time to return a Destination and Progression record for a learner after they finish, so this error only appears two months after a learner finishes all of their aims (basically so if they finish something with you then start something else they don’t error, also to give you time to get in touch with them and, hopefully, return something meaningful).

So when you uploaded your original file it wasn’t two months past the learners’ end dates, but now it is!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  steveh.

Rachel Westran
    Participant

Great, thanks both – that explains it!

rupal
    Participant

I uploaded an unemployed learner with mental health problem under FS and Level 2 qualification with ALS claim and received errors as below:

Rule Name Field Values Error Message
    AimType_05 AimType=’5′ This Aim type is not valid for this Funding model
    AimType_07 AimType=’5′ A core aim must not be recorded with a source of funding of 105
    AimType_07 AimType=’5′ A core aim must not be recorded with a source of funding of 105
    LearnDelFAMType_61 The Full funding indicator is not valid for this learning aim
    LearnDelFAMType_65 The Full funding indicator is not valid for this learning aim
    LLDDCat_02 This LLDD and health problem category is not valid for this start date
    PrimaryLLDD_01 The Primary LLDD and health problem is not recorded on one of the LLDD and health problem records

Anyone had this errors before? Which Aim type do I need to Select?

steveh
    Participant

aimtype 5 is only for core aims for 16-19 study prog learners.

rupal
    Participant

Thank you Steve,

I have changed aim type to 4. However, the other errors are remained as below:

LearnDelFAMType_02 The Full or co-funding indicator must be returned for this Funding model 1 50123245 35
    LearnDelFAMType_02 The Full or co-funding indicator must be returned for this Funding model 2 60001409 35
    LearnDelFAMType_02 The Full or co-funding indicator must be returned for this Funding model 3 60140264 35

As per my understanding…The learner is unemployed, 22 years old and hence the learner should be full funded for FS and L2 Diploma in Customer Service.

Please assist me to remove those errors.

Thank you again.

steveh
    Participant

also, you’ve used the old value for mental health, you need to use 9 (or at least stop using 1, 2 or 3). you also need to make it the PRIMARY lldd value (yes, even if there’s only one of them).

alsoalso those FFI errors rather imply that you’re putting a 19-23 year old with a prior attainment of 1 on an L2 aim that isn’t a Full Level 2, so even when you’ve tidied all of the rest up they aint going to be fundable…

steveh
    Participant

those errors are saying there’s no value in FFI *at all*, so you need to put 1 in (although see above post re L2)

steveh
    Participant

Yeah, the L2 Dip in customer service 60140264 isn’t on the L2 entitlement list, so it won’t be fundable, assuming the learner’s prior attainment is less than FL2.

(given it’s 45 credits, this is quite surprising, it’s usually only smaller quals that aren’t FL2)

rupal
    Participant

Thanks Steve again, it was very useful.

I am trying to put learner on full funding giving her local flexibility qualification along with FS English and Maths exercising legal entitlement.

This scenario falls under “Learning aims up to and including Level 2, where the learner has already achieved a first full Level 2 or above and it is full funded to 19 to 23 years unemployed.”

TO follow this scenario, what source of funding and what learning aim can be submitted?

steveh
    Participant

OK, if she’s got a Prior Attainment of 2 or above it shouldn’t error.

If her prior attainment is 1, she isn’t fundable under local flexibility for an L2 course which isn’t on the Legal Entitlement list.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.