Scottish Funding

Home Forums Data issues Scottish Funding

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  WendyL 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • r012943
    Participant

Hello,

We are about to enter into Scottish Apprenticeships for the first time, and I was wondering if anyone can help regarding the Core Skills elements of frameworks – specifically, are there any exemptions/equivalents that could potentially relax these (e.g. is there a list of qualifications that could be used as exemptions like there is in the English Funding world)?

To confirm, the Scottish Core Skills are:
    Communication
    Numeracy
    ICT
    Working with others
    Problem Solving

Thank you for any help

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The only time I queried this was with regard to a Semta framework where the guidance from them was ‘Under no circumstances can an exemption be granted for the Core Skills’ so I would expect the same to apply to all Scottish Apprenticeships.
    HTH

r012943
    Participant

Thank you for your help

WendyL
    Participant

In a dim and distant past, up to 2015, I dealt with Scottish Modern Apprenticeships and there were allowable exemptions to Core Skills Comms/Numeracy/ICT, if the apprentice held a qualification of, I think SQA Level 5, they were exempt. I cannot find any information at the moment but I would suggest that you speak with someone in Skills Development Scotland to get advise

Sorry I can’t be more help and they may of course have changed the rules since 2015

WendyL
    Participant

After some digging into the depths of my brain I remembered that Framework certs are claimed via MA online, use the link below to their website and there should be info there to help, the website is quite similar to ACE if you are used to using that

https://modernapprenticeships.org/web/acceptable-evidence

hope this helps

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  WendyL.

r012943
    Participant

Thanks very much for the help

WendyL
    Participant

you are welcome, hope you get it sorted

Wendy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.