Small Employer Payment For 19-23's

Home Forums Data issues Small Employer Payment For 19-23's

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Stephen Jeffery
    Participant

Hi All

We have a 19 year old Apprentice, who works for a small employer and as an EHCP. My interpretation of the Guidance suggests that the Employer can claim the £500. I have flagged the ILR box where it asks for EHCP and nothing has been reported on the Reports from the Hub.

Is there anything else i need to be flagging/recording that i may have missed?

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Participant

I asked this last month. You also need to update EEF field with option 2

Stephen Jeffery
    Participant

Thank you Mark

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Simon,
    same as Mark except a note in the ILR specifications states for the EHC entry ‘This does not apply to apprenticeships’.

The Provider Support Manual guidance 6.4.2 indicates for where the apprentice is aged 19-24 and as an EHC plan you should use Learning Delivery FAM – Eligibility for enhanced apprenticeship funding type EEF code 2 to flag in the ILR ‘Entitlement to 16-18 apprenticeship funding where the learner is 19 or over’.

HTH

Stephen Jeffery
    Participant

Thanks Martin

The EHC not applying to apprenticeships does seem odd as it would surely need that to confirm the 19-24 Eligibility! It was not being flagged as any warning or error so i think i will leave that in at the moment.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Stephen,
    Word of caution:
    As the GDPR are about to come into force you do have to consider the section ‘Data that is not required for collection’ in the ILR as legislation requires this must only be reported where there is a requirement to do so.
    While the validation rules enforce this where possible it does not do so in all circumstances and you must not include data in the ILR where it is not required, and or you do not have legitimate reason to do so.
    So, if in doubt leave it out.
    HTH

Mark
    Participant

Hi Martin

This bothers me “This does not apply to apprenticeships’” as it was an apprentice I was asking about the other day.

Since following the advise of updating EEF with option 2 we have now received the incentive payment.

There is no validation rule I am aware of, from my experience if you don’t do this you don’t receive the incentive payment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.