TNP for returning from BIL

Home Forums Data issues TNP for returning from BIL

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Shakuntala Patel
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone can help me here please:

I have a learner who has returned back in learning from BIL. He is doing a framework apprenticeship and the previous employer has paid the full 10% contribution within the 2 months from the start date.

The learner has returned back in learning with a new employer, can anyone please let me know how do I record this under the financial details.

Do I need to add TNP 3 (residual Price) and PMR 3 (Employer payment reimbursed by provider) for the new employer?

Do I need to pay back the 10% to the previous employer?

I have read the guidance from the ILR provider support manual in the section: Apprentice takes an agreed break in learning from page 101, but it didn’t helped me much.

Thank you

Martin West
    Participant

New employer or a BIL it cannot be both?
    You have to have a new Programme aim anyway when returning from a BIL.

Shakuntala Patel
    Participant

Hi Martin

The learner just returned from BIL and we found out he is now with another employer.

I have a new programme aim for May 2018 (Return date)for this learner, I have changed the employer on our system as well, but I need help with how to record the financial details.

Do I need to add TNP 3 (Residual Price) and PMR 3 (Employer payment reimbursed by provider) for the new employer?

Do I need to pay back the 10% to the previous employer?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Shakuntala,
    A BIL only relates to the Employer and not the Provider and as such a learner must be withdrawn if not employed by the Employer who agreed the BIL.

The BIL record should be changed to a withdrawal and you will need to pay back to the previous employer the balance of their 10% contribution.
    You should not have changed the employer on your system but added another record for the new employer.

You will need to include on the restart programme aim a TNP 1 to reflect the training cost agreed (balance left to deliver) but the TNP 2 would be the same as the original unless it is a different EPA org or cost.

HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.