Traineeship Employability Qualification

Home Forums Data issues Traineeship Employability Qualification

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mel_aspinall 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • ddalby
    Participant

Could experts out there (or here) please confirm we DON’T have to deliver an employability qualification as part of a Traineeship programme? Core aim Work Experience, English and Maths, but we don’t need any further aims? This is EFA, but I’m assuming is same for both?
    Thanks in advance.

Dionne Jensen
    Participant

Hi

Having the same issue. The funding guidance states that you don’t have to deliver a regulated work prep aim, however on the funding assurance report it is wanting a category 2 LARS aim which are all regulated. (16-18 EFA Funded)

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Wendy
    Participant

Dionne did you get to the bottom of this, my DSAT is showing every one of our 16/18 Trainees as needing an employability aim but we deliver an in house non accredited course so I have no idea what to add, we tried a ‘Z’ code when we first added them to our MIS but that caused an error which we could only clear by removing the aim

thanks

ELAINEC
    Participant

I always use the code Z0001823 for learners not doing an accredited employability qualification.

Wendy
    Participant

Hi Elaine

is that on 16-18 year olds? we tried Z codes and it came out as an error when we did our upload

thanks

ELAINEC
    Participant

Hi

It is for our 16-18 EFA traineeships. I don’t seem to have had a problem.

Wendy
    Participant

Thank you

I’ll get the admin team to give it a go

Dionne Jensen
    Participant

Hi there, we use Z0001873 for our non-regulated prep for work and life aim. However, our funding line is 16-18 Traineeships (non EFA) I think this is where it is drawing in the warning regarding wanting a category 2 SFA code which all of these are regulated (16-18 only) I believe the warning is due to the funding line being non EFA. However the funding rules state that you can do non reg aim.

mel_aspinall
    Participant

Can I ask if this question has been raised in response to Funding Monitoring Report 24 as I’m struggling to rationalise this too.

Wendy
    Participant

Hi Mel

mine is from DSAT and Funding and monitoring same data I think

mel_aspinall
    Participant

My PDSAT was clear as this was looking at our 19-24 trainees.

The FRM has returned with a number of 16-18 trainees and we use learning aim Z0001823 for the work preparation element for our 16-18 traineeships. As far as I can see, this is a valid aim and we just annotate our report accordingly. But am I missing something??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.