Traineeships on ILR

Home Forums Data issues Traineeships on ILR

This topic contains 26 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  cpdoyle 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
  • Sarah Short
    Participant

Good afternoon,

we have recently started to deliver traineeships. i am having huge issues with processing them and making them appear on the PFR. I have read the funding rules, ILR spec but i seem to be missing something. We do not have a separate EFA contract so therefore going through the allocation on SFA.

some info below.

Core Aim (5) – Z0007836
    funding model – 25
    SOF – 105
    Work Prep – Z0001823
    FS

Z0007836 has been terminated from 31/07/2017 and new work placement aim ZWRKX001 has been added.

how would they be showing on the PFR should it be monthly payments, one lump sum. any help would be appreciated.

cpdoyle
    Participant

Hi Sarah

I am having the same issue – that even though I clear the error with the ZWRKX001 code it doesn’t show as a payment on our funding summary.

I have logged a job with ESFA service desk and will share with you if I get an answer.

I do believe the SOF is now 107 (ESFA 16-19 funding) for any starts after 01/08/2017 but dont quote me on it lol – it does clear the error tho.

Thanks
    Clare

Sarah Short
    Participant

the strange thing is i have no errors coming up on the rule violations but we can not get them to appear on the PFR.

cpdoyle
    Participant

Are you using 105 or 107?

Sarah Short
    Participant

we are using 105. we dont have an EFA contract so this is why we have put it through 105.

However, i have tried 107 and still cant get them to appear.

sophie
    Participant

Our admin teams have used 107 in the past in error (we don’t have an EFA contract here either) and although the data validated, the learners were not appearing on the PFR (they showed on the ESFA summary instead), so it’s not something that I would recommend in the absence of a EFA contract.

Sarah Short
    Participant

Thanks Sophie, i am going round in circles trying to get them to appear with finance against them but am having no luck at all.

Any suggestions.

sophie
    Participant

Sarah,
    Have you checked your planned hours box ?

Sarah Short
    Participant

So this is all new to me

currently our learners are completing 100 work placement hours.

45 hours per FS and 60 Work prep hours. so i have recorded

Planned learning hours – 100 for work placement
    planned employability, enrichment and pastoral hours – 150

old25
    Participant

We keep coming up with this error for our ne traineeships R109 A learner cannot have aims that have a source of funding of 105 and 107 at the same time. I then change it to 105 for the source of funding and get error saying that you can not have a core aim for this source of funding. The learners are 16-19. If anyone can help that would be great as I am going round in circles

Martin West
    Participant

From the ILR Provider Support Manual:
    7.1 Traineeships for 16 to 18 year olds
    500. These are funded using the ESFA 16-19 per student funding methodology (previously called ‘16-19 EFA funding’).
    501. All learning aims must be recorded using Funding model code 25.
    502. You must record the appropriate Source of funding based on your funding agreement:
     If you have a 16-19 (excluding apprenticeships) funding agreement with the ESFA, then the Source of funding must be recorded using code SOF107 in the Learning Delivery FAM fields.
     If you have an Adult skills funding agreement and do not have a 16-19 (excluding apprenticeships) funding agreement, then the Source of funding must be recorded using code SOF105 in the Learning Delivery FAM fields.
     If you have both a 16-19 funding agreement and an Adult skills funding agreement, then the Source of funding for traineeships for 16 to 18 year old learners must be SOF107.
    503. The Programme aim must be recorded as Aim type code 1, and the Work experience aim must be recorded as the core aim using Aim type code 5. All other aims must be recorded as a component aim using Aim type code 3. If the work experience takes place across two teaching years, then a separate learning aim is recorded in each teaching year: see Section 8 Completing the ILR: recording 16-19 study programmes for details.
    504. The Planned learning hours field should include the hours undertaken on approved qualifications, including regulated work preparation qualifications, English and maths.
    505. The Planned employability, enrichment and pastoral hours field should include the planned hours for work experience, all non-regulated work preparation and other non-qualification activities.

old25
    Participant

Thanks very much for this Martin, do you have a link to this as we struggled finding this information. When we did record the SOF as 105 we got an error saying that you cannot have a core aim with SOF 105 so did not know what to do,
    many thaks

cpdoyle
    Participant

Hi Martin

Thanks for this
    We to have the same as old25

Also our 16-18 traineeships are funded through (as was) SFA contract not EFA contract – so that’s 105 or 107?

Just want to check.

Martin West
    Participant

old25
    Participant

thanks Martin, just need to get around the error when we put the SOF as 105 instead of 107

cpdoyle
    Participant

Hi all

All ours have gone through now and are showing on funding

we dont have a separate EFA contratc so codes that work are as follows;

SOF 105
    Funding 25
    ZWRKX001 – core aim 5
    Z003510 – workprep
    FS

Make sure hours are correct.

Thanks
    Clare

Sue Scott
    Participant

Hi Clare
    I have just put on my first Traineeships using information from this string although I have used 50104172 for the placement qualification and 60146801 for the Core Aim, and have had no errors
    Although I have no errors I cant find any funding on any of the reports on the Hub. Am I supposed to use Z codes or can I use the qualification number on the ILR.

Please help – it is Batch day 🙁

Sarah Short
    Participant

I am still having this ongoing issue with traineeships, since July i have been logging issues with the SFA, we are using the Z codes. sorry to disappoint.

cpdoyle
    Participant

Hi Sue and Sarah

If you want to email me on clare@qdostraining.com I can help you directly.

Thanks
    Clare

linneahtl
    Participant

Hi,

We are having the same problems where our funding from the PFR doesn’t tally with our input of Traineeships.

We are using 107 as the source of funding and also:
    – ZWRKX001 Work Placement (core aim)
    – Z0001823 Work Preparation L1 (component aim)
    – Maths & English FS (component aim)

We have no errors on FIS, but the Funding Summary Report isn’t correct. Can anyone help please?

cpdoyle
    Participant

Hi

What age group they?

Thanks
    Clare

linneahtl
    Participant

Hi Clare

The learners are 16-18 year olds, any help would be really appreciated. 🙂 We are not sure what else we can do to find out what’s happened.

Many thanks
    Linnea

Sarah Short
    Participant

Linneahtl,

we are using the same codes and having the same issues.

this is only with our 16-18 year old learners.

linneahtl
    Participant

Hi

We also experimented changing the source of funding to 105 for these learners to see if it makes any difference, but unfortunately not.

Sarah Short
    Participant

I have tried everything possible. logged numerous issues with the data service and nothing.

I am getting extremely frustrated with it to be honest.

Can i ask

what are your learning planned hours?
    What system are you running on?
    what scheme are you using?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.