Under 18 Parent Signature

Home Forums Data issues Under 18 Parent Signature

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NikkiWis 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Kate
    Participant

Good afternoon

Would anyone know if a parent signature is required for those learners under 18 studying towards an apprenticeship?

I cannot see this in the guidance but wanted to be sure

Many thanks,
    Kate

JJP1981
    Participant

Good morning Kate,

In the “Apprenticeship funding and performance-management rules for training providers”, it states:

P181. Apprentices who are aged between 15 and 17 when they start an apprenticeship must have their commitment statement signed by a parent or legal guardian. This applies until they reach their 18th birthday.

Further to your query, I’d be really interested to know how other providers intend fitting this requirement within their sign up process, if anyone is willing to share?

thanks,
    JJ.

NikkiWis
    Participant

Hi
    We use a remote paperless sign up system so are able to email the form to the parent for signature. It’s only the commitment statement that require parent or guardian signature, not the ILR.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Nikki

JJP1981
    Participant

That’s useful to know, thanks Nikki.
    Are you able to advise what system that is you use? I’d like to look at a solution like this if it is possible,

thanks again,
    JJ.

NikkiWis
    Participant

Hi
    We use Onefile’s eforms but I believe Pics do something similar.
    Thanks
    Nikki

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.