Update on Apprenticeships Reports for R09

Home Forums Data issues Update on Apprenticeships Reports for R09

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Newbee 2 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Martin Taft
    Keymaster

Please see update on Apprenticeship Reports for R09 at http://feconnect.sfa.bis.gov.uk/blog/uncategorized/update-on-apprenticeships-reports-for-r09/

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Martin Taft.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

I understand the new R09 reports are supposed to be released today. Is this still the case? I don’t want to keep checking throughout the day if there has been an issue with them.

SFA STAFF

CatherineGilhooly
    Participant

davej
    Participant

Does anyone know where they are hiding? They aren’t under Data Returns/Latest Reports, and they aren’t under Business Reports either.

TG
    Participant

And I thought it was me! Yes, they do appear to be missing in action at the moment…

Paul
    Participant

Are these out or not? i cant find them in the usual place – the link above says they were intending to publish yesterday?

davej
    Participant

I emailed the service desk before 8am and got the usual automatic reply. Nothing since!

TG
    Participant

Ours have appeared now…

SFA STAFF

Martin Taft
    Keymaster

The funding reports which were due to be published yesterday have now been issued on the Hub.
    If you have any queries or issues, then you should raise them through the service desk on 0370 267 0001 or at SDE.servicedesk@education.gov.uk.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I would have raised this question with the service desk, but find they generally take a few days to respond. I thought if I posted here on your own forums which are not overwhelmed with new posts someone would be able to let me know if they would be published yesterday or not.

Judging by other providers comments and your wording of ‘were due to be published yesterday’ that they actually weren’t published till today, which means your published release data was missed.

I’m not trying to be pedantic about the release date, but I told several people in our college that we should have the finance information for them yesterday and then had to explain that we didn’t have it.

I’m afraid I now almost expect the dates to be missed, which I think is a sad state of affairs.

Richard

donna1805
    Participant

Hi – According to the new guidance on the reports, Apps monthly payment report now excludes information about earnings – how do you find this information out now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Donna

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hello,

I have started the thankless task of interpreting these latest reports and thought I would start with the easiest check. I have looked at the period end funding summary report and assumed that now the ESFA declare the detail will match remittance detail cross-checked what this report says has been paid as a cumulative figure up to and including period 8 and the actual YTD funding received at that point and the majority of the funding lines do not match. Here we go again!!
    I can also see that some of the errors I believe existed at period 8 for functional skills and as reported in detail to the ESFA and for which I received no tangible feedback are still wrong in my opinion.
    Furthermore and now being very picky I can see that an error whereby one learner on standard 196 which has max funding £5k shows as £10k. This was also fed back last month and nothing done with that either.
    Chris

Newbee
    Participant

Guys

Can I just ask … is it just me that gets three different values from the PFR compared to period end funding summary report compared to the remittance advice we receive ?

I only ask, because my MD is asking me which is correct and to be frank I haven’t got a clue

Regards
    Dave

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi Dave,

don’t beat yourself up, it is a minefield and I speak from a number of years of doing this stuff. To me the ESFA has paid total disregard to the method applied to the pre-May 17 funding model 35, started from scratch and it is what it which is not fit for purpose. It is actually so simple, the funding due any month on a cumulative basis matches the raw data in the ILR that generates the indicative funding report from the FIS/Hub. If a qualification appears or disappears retrospectively, which us practical people know will always happen in a minority in work-based learning, whatever has been earned on the simple cumulative basis is reconciled against the previous month’s payment and there is the balance. It is important to know where a DAS mis-match is not resolved at the period close so that they can be manually removed from the indicative funding reports as clearly that would show as if payment is due and obviously it isn’t. I do that on a weekly basis as part of the internal reporting I do for the business management needs. The only complexity then that would need to be reported, as it is now via the period end employer contributions report, is if you had the situation where a DAS account balance is too low and the 90% government funding and employer contribution kicks in. That can never be catered for in the indicative funding report so a little “slack” is needed for that in your internal reporting process. I have also experienced examples of an apprentice being paid for a few months 90% government funding at a levy paying employer. The apprentice was then rejected from the ILR submission due to the NI rule at period 5, the NI number was added to the ILR in a subsequent period and back in the ILR. At that point the employer DAS account was sufficiently high to cover the entire training from start and the system then paid all months levy whereas they had been paid 90% before. That is how it should work however the ESFA then read me the riot act saying levy cannot be used to pay for training retrospectively. That is rubbish and about the only time I have seen the system actually working as it ought to despite the ESFA wanting this to not happen. What a load of b………..

Chris

matthew.rogers
    Participant

Hi all,

Does anyone know why additional payments are now shown in a separate report? I know of the ongoing issues providers are experiencing with the monthly payment reports but it seems odd to remove completely. I had managed to reconcile every month but will need to re-evaluate the method going forward.

Thanks,
    M

SFA STAFF

Martin Taft
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Please contact the Service Desk to log this query as they will need more details to be able to help you.

SFA STAFF

Martin Taft
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

The Apps Indicative Earnings Report (produced when a provider submits an ILR file to the Hub) contains earnings information for each apprentice.

donna1805
    Participant

Hi Martin – yes I see that, however we have quite a few learners with no monies showing against them, but had o errors on our file when it was ran through The Hub?

Any ideas?

Thank you
    Donna

Newbee
    Participant

Hi Martin

Contacted the help desk on Monday, as yet still waiting for a reply, as you will be aware its the financial year end and I’m struggling to advise the MD of income for our accounts and Tax returns, these issues couldn’t have come at a worse time of year. I still cant work out what you are using in paying the remittance advice if they differ from all the published reports, surely they must match up with one of them ?

I’m sure you guys are working hard to rectify the issues, just need it doing sooner rather than later

Regards
    Dave

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.