Where is AGLH stored in DesktopService.mdb

Home Forums Data issues Where is AGLH stored in DesktopService.mdb

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Andrew Duerden
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m running a few simple queries on the tables stored within the DesktopService.mdb that the FIS spits out. Perhaps I cant see the wood for the trees but I cant seem to locate where the AGLH is stored against each enrolment. The “LearningDelivery” table would be the obvious location but it doesn’t appear to be there. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Do not understand AGLH can you define?

Andrew Duerden
    Participant

Annual Guided Learning Hours – the hours set against each learning aim a student is enrolled on.

Martin West
    Participant

Sorry still do not understand as GLH are no longer the basis it is either Hours as recorded on the learner record for EFA or a funding value in £ for the SFA or I am I missing something?

Andrew Duerden
    Participant

Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps a bit of background on what I’m trying to accomplish will help …..

The FIS report titled “EFA Funding Claim Report” has a section that counts how many learners we have in each of the 5 bandings. The top band is 540+ hours and the bottom band is up to 279 hours. I have been asked to identify which of our learners the FIS has identified as being in the bottom band.

Obviously the FIS is seeing the hours we have set against each enrolment (otherwise how would it know which band to place them in?). I’m trying to find where in FIS the hours are stored.

Thanks

lapsed_user

Hi Andrew,

I found this information is in the ‘EFA 16-19 Summary of Funding by Student (Valid)’ report…

Steve

Matt Selfe
    Participant

Andrew, as Martin points out, the hours are now learner based. In the FIS output MDB there is a field in the Learner table called LrnDV_RateBand_Efa which tells you which band the FIS has put your learners into.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Martin West
    Participant

In the mdb you will find these in the Learner table, PlanLearnHours + PlanEEPHours to identify the rate band in LrnDV_RateBand_Efa.
    HTH

Andrew Duerden
    Participant

Thanks for the info everyone!

I should be able to do what I need to do now.

Andrew Duerden
    Participant

I’ve looked at the ‘EFA 16-19 Summary of Funding by Student (Valid)’ report as suggested by Steve Bowler which lists all learners together with which band they belong to. This does not appear to tally with the numbers on the EFA funding claim report. For example, the funding claim report says we have 92 learners in the lowest band. The ‘EFA 16-19 Summary of Funding by Student (Valid)’ shows 106.

Steve … did you get the two reports to tally?

Thanks

lapsed_user

Hi Andrew,

Yes, not only did the learner number match but do did the funding value too give or take a few pence. Do you have many learners crossing over two contract years? Or learners that signed up in 12/13 but were 19 years old as of 31.08.13, as these will still be EFA learners but funded on the SFA reports…

If you cross reference the two lists and highlight the discrepancies, there might be an obvious pattern. Let me know what you get and I’ll see what I can do to help…

Steve

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.