Work permitted visa no public funds

Home Forums Data issues Work permitted visa no public funds

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Victoria Wright
    Participant

Good morning

I’m hoping you can clarify something for me. I have an applicant who has residence permit which states that work is permitted and no public funds. Would they be eligible for Apprenticeship funding? I am unable to locate any clear guidance.

Many thanks in advance.

Vicki

jessicar
    Participant

Hi

see pages 19-24 of:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skills-funding-agency-common-funding-rules

You will need to check what immigration status they have on their residency permit.

If your applicant is 16-18 there are specific points mentioned on page 22.

Ignore the no public funds part on the permit, its irrelevant as per paragraph A117 on page 20

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  jessicar.

Victoria Wright
    Participant

Thanks Jessica.

Steven
    Participant

H Victoria,
    Just to confirm with you and the answer / guidance provided by Jessica for the following:

A117. The learner’s immigration permission in the UK may have a ‘No recourse to public funds’ condition. Public funds does not include education or education funding, so this does not affect a learner’s eligibility, which must be decided under the normal eligibility conditions.

Are we clear that education funding covers an Apprenticeship – I am just looking for confirmation.

jessicar
    Participant

Education Funding = ESFA who fund apprenticeships. Apprentices are still taking part in education whilst completing their apprenticeship and are in receipt of ESFA funding.

Steven
    Participant

Thank You Jessica – Very Much appreciated.

Steven

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.