Working out Apprenticeship Framework values

Home Forums Data issues Working out Apprenticeship Framework values

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Paul John James
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone,

I am requesting advice and guidance on how one would work out the full value of an Apprenticeship Framework?

For example, I am looking at the Construction Civil Engineering – Intermediate Level Apprenticeship Framework (code 520 on LARA). As you are no doubt aware, this Framework is comprised of a QCF competency qualification, a training qualification, functional skills, ERR and PTLS.

On LARA, it lists all the possible qualifications that can be undertaken to make up the framework; excellent. However, all i’m after is what formula or method does one adopt to work out the funded value of a full apprenticeship framework? i.e. does one add all the chosen elements up, for example:

competency qualification (ER Other SLN x National Rate x Programme Weighting Factor) + training qualification (LR SLN x National Rate x Programme Weighting Factor) + functional skills (LR SLN x National Rate x Programme Weighting Factor) + PTLS (LR SLN x National Rate x Programme Weighting Factor) = FRAMEWORK VALUE!

Or is there a simplified process? Apologies if I am missing something obvious but I need to ‘cost’ several Apprenticeship Frameworks and I want to make sure I am working towards the right value.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks anyone/everyone!

Paul

lapsed_user

You got it right, you need to work out the funding for each component seperately, and add up to get the full faremwork value. No simple way around it, (not one i can find, or am aware of!) sorry!

I use an excel template pre populated with the funding rates, and enter the individual qual data such as SLN and PW. I have it set up so it gives you 16-18, 19-24 and 25+ funding. But again, this is quite a timely process…..

Paul John James
    Participant

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the info! One last question in relation to technical or training qualifications; as the SLN value is expressed as GLH what formula does one use to turn that into cash? So if a qualification on Adult LR (as it will be classroom-based) has 700 GLH what would that be in cash?

Cheers,
    Paul.

lapsed_user

Hi Paul,

For apprenticeship funding, I use the ER App tab on LARA, therefore for each component you are using the ER App SLN, even though the knowledge is delivered in a classroom (as highlighted on the main delivery method – 1- on the ILR).
    My working out using this section on the LARA matches what we receive on the PFR, therefore I assume is correct.

Hope this helps?
    Thanks

Sandra

Paul John James
    Participant

Hi Sandra,

Thanks very much for your guidance, that’s brill!

Paul.

Anonymous

I’m out of the loop now, but funding for apprenticeships used to be:
    Functional Skills and Technical Certificates – funded over the planned learning period of each qualification
    NVQ – funded at 80% over the planned learning period of the qualification
    The balance of 20% being paid when the Framework Certificate is claimed.
    If any of the components are completed in less than the planned time of that component then the balance of the funding is paid in the last month.
    Completion of the components is when they have been completed – not when the certificate is received.
    The 20% of the NVQ funding is paid when the Framework certificate is claimed from the awarding body, thus it may be several weeks ( or months) after the last component was completed.

PaulB
    Participant

Peter, the NVQ element (main aim) is funded at 75% over the programme and then 25% is witheld until completion of the whole framework.

Paul, if your send me you email address i’ll forward you a great excel tool for working out the cash values of each qual and the funding you’ll receive each month over the duration of the programme. Mine is paul.baker@bcot.ac.uk

suegar
    Participant

Paul would it be possible to post the excel tool somewhere so that that we could access it too

PaulB
    Participant

I can’t see a way of attaching files or documents to posts but I’ve asked Greta to look into it.

PaulB
    Participant

The file has now been added to the documents page.

http://feconnect.sfa.bis.gov.uk/documents/

This will provide the cash values for Apprenticeship frameworks and Workplace learning aims. It also provides forecast cash values profiled over the months of the programme.

It’s pretty basic but I have certainly found it useful for planning and forecasting purposes. Happy to receive any feedback good or bad or any ideas on inprovements/further developments.

lapsed_user

That’s really useful, thanks Paul!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.