Yeti Users??

Home Forums Data issues Yeti Users??

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CognisoftSupport 5 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • cjs1
    Participant

Hi – we’re new to Yeti and I’m trying to view (in readable form) the ILR XML. Cognisoft have advised NotePad ++ XML Extension.

Could any current Yeti user please point me in the right direction? I have NotePad ++ but still cant read (easily) my XML.

thanks

Leonora
    Participant

we are not yeti users (yet) contract waiting to be signed, however try going to Plugins from the menu bar xml tools then choose pretty print xml with line breaks
    hope this helps

Leo

cjs1
    Participant

Hi Leo
    thanks for getting back to me. Under Plugins I have DSpell, MIME, Converter and NppExport. I’ve checked in each of those and there is nothing to do with XML.

CJS

cjs1
    Participant

Leo

Thanks for your help! I found another button that says “Get more Plugins”.

CJS

Leonora
    Participant

fab that should do it!

cjs1
    Participant

Good afternoon all – back to this!
    Dont suppose there are any Yeti users who are successfully managing to view their XML?
    It’s just not happening here!

Martin West
    Participant

Under the Language Tab in Notepad++ select XML

cjs1
    Participant

Tried that one already thanks Martin. No Luck!

Martin West
    Participant

It works ok for me without the XML plug in, I have V7.5.8
    What does your do when you open an XML file?

cjs1
    Participant

We just get a long line of text – We’re new to Yeti. Previously used the SFA tool/Maytas/Pics where the ILR would open in Text Pad as a readable – and formattable – list.

JD-K6G
    Participant

Hi cjs1,

Had this out with Cognisoft not long ago. Make sure you have XML tools plugin installed in Notepad++. When you have the XML file opened, navigate to Plugins > XML Tools and select “Pretty print (XML only – with line breaks) – This should work.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi cjs1,
    JD is correct, but it is the 32bit version of Notepad++ that you must have installed as it is only this that supports the XML tools plugin.

Even if you have a 64bit computer you must use the 32 bit version so if you have the 64 bit I would uninstall it and down load the 32 bit version and then install the it and the XML tools plugin.

Hope that is a resolution to your problem.

CognisoftSupport
    Participant

Hi,

We are currently looking in to writing up a guide to achieve this. There are a few ways to do this currently but we will check which is the best method for our customers and we will send the guide to those who require it.

Thank you for you patience.

Kind regards,
    Naeem
    IT Support Team Leader
    CogniSoft Ltd.

CognisoftSupport
    Participant

Hello again,

For those that would like a guide to opening XML files in a readable format, please contact support@cognisoft.co.uk and we can forward a guide to you directly.

Many thanks,
    Naeem
    IT Support Team Leader
    CogniSoft Ltd.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.