zesf0001 learning aim

Home Forums Data issues zesf0001 learning aim

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • LucyNGTC
    Participant

Hi,

When inputting an ESF learner I am inputting the learning aims but not sure what Aim type the ZESF0001 aim should be under. When I put it under the programme aim it is bringing up an error as programme aims should always be ZPROG001.

Can someone clarify this for me.

Thanks,
    Lucy

Martin West
    Participant

It should be aim type 3.

SFA STAFF

markshield
    Participant

Aim Type 3 is only used as a component aim for a programme, these are either Traineeships or Apprenticeships.

ESF aims are aim type 4 as these are stand alone aims. They maybe doing a programme of study but this is different to recording on the ILR using the programme aim. The Provider Support Manual contains guidance on the usage of the programme aim and on how to record ESF learning on the ILR.

Regards

Mark Shield
    Data Specification Manager
    ESFA

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Lucy,
    Mark is correct, what I should have said was that it would not be recorded as the programme aim sorry for the confusion I must have had my Apprenticeship hat on at the time.

LucyNGTC
    Participant

Thank you both just getting my head around the ESF side of things, only really worked with apprenticeship funding before.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for picking that up, it is nice to know that at least someone from the ESFA are reviewing the forum questions as input from them has been very minimal of late.
    Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.